I hope not…
but I got a note from school.
Rarely a good thing.
And from the social worker.
Never a good thing.
And very vague… even worse.
My daughter’s school doesnt have a psychologist working there. So all major “your child is nuts” gets passed off under the category of either nurse or social worker…. whichever is closest.
So now I’m going nuts myself wonder what mess I’ve got to explain out of now.
And giving myself tons of worry about every possible option.
- i let my kindergartner pack her own lunch the other day, figuring (as I like to do whenever I can) that the consequences of that would be their own deterrent from repeating. Maybe a teacher asked her why her lunch consisted mainly of cheese sticks and plain tortillas? And so has decided I’m some worthless mother who makes a 5 year old fend for themselves?
- bathtime is sometimes a battle…. and sometimes one where dirt wins even if i win the battle for the bath
- twice my daughter has gone to the office to complain about her pants being too loose.. one time just because she didnt like the capris i had bought, and another because the little electric thingy inside wasnt hooked.
- my daughter isnt a morning person…. and im not much more of one myself. maybe weve spaced out library books and homework left at grandmas accidentally a few too many times?
- daycare means exposure to older kids… meaning picking up name calling and such… maybe earlier than average?
- my kid likes to come up with reasons to see the nurse. she likes to come up with reasons for bandaids period actually.
- maybe she mentioned the cats getting into their battles and occasionally mistaking floor for litter box?
- more of the mess from last year? is this going to turn into the spanking inquisition again?